Alliance Patti and Peter Neuwirth Leadership Academy
We believe that the student attire affects the learning environment of the school campus. APPNLA relies upon the good judgment and taste of both students and families with respect to grooming and appearance. Cleanliness, neatness and due regard for the legitimate sensibility of other constitutes the basic goals and norms of the school. The following uniform requirements apply to all the students of APPNLA.
- Uniform items, including pants (tan or black), must be no smaller/larger than one size of the students regular clothing size.
- The sweaters, sweatshirts, and jackets must be Neuwirth embroidered only.
- Head/hair accessories such as hat, bandanas, and beanies are not to be worn.
- No attire may be worn that may be a distraction. Distraction attire includes but is not limited to accessories such as extra clothing pieces, and excessive and/or large pieces of jewelry.
- Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
12th grade Maroon polo shirt with logo of the school and black or tan pants (no denim)
9th, 10th and 11th grade:
Navy Blue polo shirt with logo of the school and black or tan pants (No denim material)
Shoes (black, brown or white).
The following clothing items are expressly prohibited: sweatpants, jeans, low rise and/or leggings, short shorts, any clothing that does not properly cover the body, and any clothing that may be construed as having gang-affiliation (colored shoelaces, initialed belt buckles, “sagging”/oversized clothing, belts, etc.)
Students enrolled in physical education must have a separate white T-shirt to wear for class. A supervised facility for changing with separate areas for boys and girls will be available.
Out of Uniform Consequences
- Parents will be contacted immediately if the student is not adhering to the uniform policy. Students will be required to serve a mandatory Uniform Re-orientation for 45 minutes after school that same day.
- The staff of APPNLA will conduct daily uniform checks.